Bus Behavior Expectations
Transportation is a major component of the METCO Program. Some students may spend as much as two and one half hours riding to and from school. Therefore, it is extremely important for each student to understand the transportation regulations to avoid safety infractions or behavioral issues. The purpose of these regulations is to provide students with a safe and enjoyable bus experience to and from school.
1. Students may not eat on the bus unless given permission from the bus driver or bus monitor.
2. Students are responsible for throwing away all trash.
3. Students must stay seated, in their assigned seat, and facing forward at all times.
4. Students are expected to obey the bus monitor and bus driver
5. Students may listen to personal music devices, as long as volume is at an appropriate level
6. Students are expected to follow the Dover Sherborn Code of Conduct at all times
7. Students in grades K-9 must have a note from a guardian to allow them to get off the bus without an adult present. (We highly discourage allowing students to walk from the bus stop unsupervised)