New Student Registration
At Chickering we value each child who joins our community and welcome each family that comes to Dover. We are dedicated to excellence in education and we partner with parents to create a happy and successful school experience.
We look forward to meeting families and to the many opportunities to build an ongoing partnership for learning.
Please read through our FAQ below before beginning the registration process.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to Chickering School!
Please gather the information below prior to starting the registration process.
- Parent/guardian phone numbers including home, cell, and work numbers
- Parent/guardian e-mail addresses
- At least two alternate emergency contacts, including names and phone numbers
- Physician's name, address, and phone number
- Dentist's name, address, and phone number
- Student medical information
No. You will need to bring the following required documents to Chickering School between 8:45am and 2:45pm. For incoming kindergarten students, these are due prior to Friday, March 31, 2017:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency, such as a utility bill, tax bill, etc.
- A physician’s report of a physical exam, completed and signed within twelve months of the first day of school. For the 2017-2018 school year, the first day of school for students is August 30.
- Proof of Lead Screening (please click here for Lead Screening Information)
- A complete immunization record (please click here for immunization requirements)
- Proof of vision screening from student’s pediatrician
Forms can be mailed to:
29 Cross Street
Dover, MA 02030
My child currently has an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in preschool. Will s/he automatically receive an IEP in kindergarten?
Families are contacted individually for orientation and screening dates.
Parents of incoming kindergarten students are invited to attend a presentation by the kindergarten teachers, school nurse, PTO co-presidents, after-school program director, Spanish teacher, guidance counselor, assistant principal, and principal. A slideshow will demonstrate a typical day in kindergarten and teachers will discuss curriculum and learning opportunities. Readiness skills and ways to support your incoming kindergarten student will also be shared, and there will be an opportunity to visit the classrooms and ask questions.